Increase Email Open Rates with The #1 Email Subject Line Tester
Creating a subject line that makes reader click to open instead of click to delete can be quite daunting. Well, we have found just the tool to help you get closer to knowing if what you’ve written is headed down the right path before you hit send!
What if I said that there’s a tool out there that can help create email subject lines that will drive “more opens, more click, and more conversions”? Writing a quality subject line that resonates with a tribe of people can be so very daunting. However, now some of that challenge can be removed before even hitting send.
The tool we really want to recommend for anyone to check out this month is the Coschedule Email Subject Line Tester. So, first, why do subject lines even matter?
Email sources have an algorithm for filtering out spam. As an email receiver, it’s really helpful. As a marketer, it can be a bit of a nightmare. What is written in the subject line can truly determine if the email even makes it into the inbox of those on your list.
That means the key is to write subject lines that get into inboxes and convert! How do we even do that?
- Write like a human talking to a human – just as you don’t like being sold to right off the bat, don’t come at your audience with a sales based subject line. Write something like you’re having a conversation and will help them be intrigued to find out more.
- Make sure it links to the content inside – if you write something like “Find out how to make an extra $5000 a month,” and then you are actually selling a product that you want them to buy and not something for them to really act on for this extra money, you are going to leave your audience frustrated and confused and definitely more likely to unsubscribe. This means that linking the subject line to the information held inside the email is huge!
- Optimize word and character count – The first few words in the subject line are the most important. It’s important to create subject lines that are easy to scan with keywords that will jump out to the reader.
- Emoji POWER – Speaking of scannability, it’s shown that open rates increase by about 57% when utilizing emojis! This helps with quick reading and really draws the eye when looking at an inbox where all emails look and feel the same until you open them.
- ALWAYS BE TESTING – create two versions of the same subject line and then test them against your audience. This will help to learn what really resonates with your audience and guide you to emails that really convert. A really great way to test without sending it out to your actual audience is the Coschedule Subject Line tester. This can really help validate your marketing intuitions and move forward with quality subject lines that really convert.
Whatever your struggle with subject lines, implementation of the above tips can help increase performance continuously. Once these tips have been implemented, it’s great to schedule out emails to make sure they go out exactly when you want without requiring you to be the one to hit send at that moment.
Are you ready to give it a shot?